How much time and effort is your sales team wasting each and every day?
On average, a team of 50 sales reps leaves 1,277 hours of voicemail every month. That comes out to around 15% of each salesperson’s time being spent simply leaving voicemails for prospects with an average response rate of only 4.8%.
There is one surefire way to get your sales team to exceed their sales goals and have a sales strategy in place that works:
Follow-ups! It seems simple and obvious, but are all of your sales reps doing it?
44% of the sales force only calls a prospect once and then gives up. Only 10% of all salespeople make 5 or more contacts with the same prospect. The reality is that 80% of all sales occur between the 5th and 12th contact with a prospect. This means your sales team could be making a lot more sales if they use these stats to their advantage.
Check out this video from Digsy AI’s CEO and Co-founder, Andrew Bermudez, about how following up with prospects can improve a salesperson’s sales performance by 40 times!
Follow-ups don’t have to be voicemails, however. They could be an email or even a text message. Just be sure time isn’t being wasted on voicemails and those voicemails are being leveraged as one of 5 to 12 contacts with a prospect to get the sale.
Here are a few articles to show your sales team the importance of following up with their prospects, and tips on how to beat their goals:
- If your team has 50 sales reps, their average monthly voicemails will total 1,277 hours. [Source: RingDNA]
- 15% of every sales reps’ time simply leaving voicemails. [Source: RingLead]
- The average voicemail response rate is 4.8%. [Source: InsideSales]
- After one follow-up phone call, 44% of sales people give up. [Source: Scripted]
- Five follow-up phone calls are required after meeting in 80% of sales. [Source: The Marketing Donut]
Tips & Tricks to Supercharge Your Sales
Subscribe to get the latest sales tips & tricks directly to your inbox!